These american style pancakes are lit. And the best bit about making your pancakes is you can go full beast mode with the toppings.
American style pancake recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whatever toppings you like. Bacon, fruit, maple syrup, chocolate… go nuts
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl, add the salt, mix together and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, butter (melted) and the egg
- Pour the mixture into the medium bowl with the dry ingredients and stir (don’t stir too much though)
- Get a pan on medium heat, and add some butter
- Spoon 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan to make a pancake. When the surface of pancakes begin bubble, flip carefully with a spatula
- Plate up. Add topping. Get munching
Enjoy cooking? There are plenty of catering positions in the army. Find out more here.